Last answer: December 1, 2016
1. The lid will not hold a stainless steel straw.
2. You can put a straw through the slot, as others have mentioned. Another option, although it costs as much as this Ozark Trail 30oz tumbler, the "YETI Rambler Straw Lid (30 oz)" is a perfect fit and a 100% direct replacement for the slotted lid that comes with the Ozark. I understand this is not the best option for everybody.
3. The standard lid that comes with this tumbler has a slit-type opening with a small curve in the middle of it. That curve enables straws to easily fit. I have used cheap, flexi-straws purchased at WM and they work great in the 20 oz tumblers but they're a little too short for the 30 oz tumbler. The stainless steel straws fit great and stay ice cold. Hope this helps.
4. Yes, the large, long straws available at Hardees fit it perfectly.
I haven't bought the metal ones because why bother with cleaning them when I can just replace them free with plastic ones from hardees ?
I pick up 4-5 everytime I go in.
5. I can use the skinny straws with it. The big round ones didn't fit.
6. The lid does not have a straw hole in it nor was the lid intended to accommodate a straw but you could probably fit a straw in the drinking hole or drill your own hole in the lid. The good news is if you mess it up you can go buy three more cups as opposed to one YE*I
9. You can put a smaller straw through it. The big name brand makes a lid and straw that will fit it.. Now it is as much as these cups are priced.
13. YES! My family uses our with straws only. I just buy the pack at Wal-Mart and use them!
14. Depending on what you put in it full or half way liquids or solids with liquids. I bought the 20 ounce and it's very light weight regardless if you fill it up with just a liquid . The 30 ounce was just to big for me . I have small hands , I recommend the 20 ounce if you will use it as a daily cup following you think you want to carry with you while you work
15. You can put a regular drinking straw through the lid. I did that for a few days.
A larger flexible straw that comes with bubba cups will also fit.
17. Yes. I use the Bubba big straws with this cup.
18. I don' t understand why people are saying no because you can use a straw with the 30 oz tumbler. I get straws from sonic, the convenient store, and other restaurants. They work just fine.
19. Yes. I use a stainless steel reusable straw with mine so I can use my essential oils with no problem!
20. You can put the standard straws that you get from fast food restaurants into the opening you drink from. It doesn't have a separate straw hole. I haven't bought/tried the stainless straws you can purchase for this tumbler, so I can't answer for those. You can purchase replacement lids from other outside stores like amazon(which I did) because these lids I'm able to close where the lid that came with the tumbler you can't close.